Director and Grant Competition Manager, Kaizen Solutions Enterprise
Sviti has around 29 years of experience of working in the transport section and specialised in managing Aviation customer satisfaction projects for over 20 years at the International Air Transport Association (IATA) for 12 years and then at TRL Ltd for a further 13 years. Whilst at TRL she was sent to the Department for Transport (DfT) on a secondment to establish a pilot competition, Transport-Technology Research Innovation Grant (T-TRIG) for funding innovations project. The success of this role led to Sviti initially successfully bidding to project manage DfT’s T-TRIG via SSL and then Department of International Development’s Transport-Technology Research Innovation for International Development (T-TRIID). Following building her own reputation in the two government departments, she was asked to offer her services directly and thus she started Kaizen Solutions Enterprise.
Her USPs are as follows:
- Experience of managing (or part managing) 12 innovations government grant competitions:
- nine T-TRIG competitions
- T-TRIID competition and
- Modern Energy Cooking Services-Technology, Research Innovation for International Development (MECS-TRIID)
- COVID-19 Research & Response Transport Fund
- Strong partnerships with other private organisations under Innovate UK such as the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) and Connected Places Catapult (CPC) to deliver grant competitions
- All 130+ funded projects (100%) were completed and delivered a report. A further 50+ are currently (January 2020) in field.
- DfT’s analysis for T-TRIG competitions up to December 2017 showed that on average, for every £1 spent by DfT, had attracted £5 in return from private and other government investments.
- Many of the companies, especially SME’s were able to recruit staff due to the attraction of subsequent investments.
- Sviti has strong awareness of key innovations in Transportation and some for Modern Energy Cooking Services.
- “Sviti provided advice and support during the planning and bid assessment phases of the 2019 T-TRIG call. Her deep experience of running SME-focused innovation grant funding calls was really helpful in making sure that we navigated the relevant Government procedures and funding regulations confidently and made sure that bidders had a smooth experience, regardless of whether they were successful in applying for funding or not”, James Tichler, Innovations Manager, DfT.