ITEN offers clients a wider range of specialism than could be offered by any one individual, providing greater capacity for delivery of larger projects.
Our clients include local, national and international governments, government agencies and transport bodies, insurance companies, Police forces and the legal profession, vehicle manufacturers, large and small consultancy practices, and contractors.
Strategic Advice and Implementation
We have a wide understanding and knowledge of the technical, operational and governance challenges within the transport sector, and decades of experience in providing consultancy services for private and public sector clients. We provide:
- Road mapping and advice to help clients develop their strategies for research, development and implementation
- New product development, improvement and implementation
- Economic appraisal of construction, operational and maintenance strategies, including whole life costing, benefit cost analysis and value for money analysis
- Drafting of updates to road and rail Standards, and assessing the impact of changes in legislation & European directives to clients and advising them of required actions
- Policy development, specialist expertise and expert witness services
- Project, programme and innovation process management
We provide targeted advice and specialist resource to addresses complex issues, coupled with a high level of service from small, dedicated teams tailored to our customer’s needs.
Research, Development and Innovation
Applied research generates the solutions needed to implement strategic aims and achieve tangible outcomes.
The ITEN team is highly experienced in research, development and innovation and has in-depth scientific knowledge, enabling us to provide our clients with robust analysis, interpretation of technical data, appraisal of options, readable technical reports and summaries, and recommendations for action.
Our services include:
- Assistance in defining problem statements and research requirements
- Generation of ideas for technical and process improvements
- Evidence gathering, including literature reviews, state-of-the-art technology reports, surveys and stakeholder interviews, experimentation and trials
- Analysis, critical appraisal and interpretation of technical material and research results
Our wide-ranging technical expertise, focused on the transport sector, includes civil engineering, asphalt and concrete materials, environmental improvement and sustainable infrastructure, vehicle safety, connected and automated driving, driver behaviour and human factors.